I loooove a yummy sweet treat, but I love it even more when it’s healthy. So I’ve been experimenting with cookie recipes lately and have created one that tastes ridiculously good without all the unhealthy ingredients.
Oh, and it’s also gluten-free, refined-sugar free AND lactose free – we can’t let intolerances get in the way of chocolate cookies can we now?!
- 3/4 cup of natural cashew butter (Feel free to use natural peanut butter or almond butter instead)
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free plain flour
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple-syrup
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix together the cashew butter, gluten-free plain flour, almond milk, egg, honey/maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract and pink himalayan salt. Once everything is mixed fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the pre-greased baking tray and then press down on them slightly. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
*VARIATION: These cookies can even be made without the flour and milk- it will give them more of a nutty taste!