It’s officially that time of the year again. Give me Will Ferrell dressed as an elf, some Michael Bublé tunes, a sticky date pudding and I could not be happier. So, I figured, what better way to kick off the festivity than by sharing ten healthy holiday appetisers that I, personally, cannot wait to make.
These recipes would be the perfect appetisers for a Christmas party or even a small night in with friends watching Christmas movies.
Healthy Holiday Appetisers
- Cheesy Spinach Balls by Sweet as Honey
- Quinoa Nori Rolls by Deliciously Ella
- Mini Zucchini Pizzas by How Sweet Eats
- Grilled Vegetables with Romesco Sauce by Love & Lemons
- Baked Zucchini Fries by Pinch of Yum
- Mini Tomato Frittatas with Dill by Love & Lemons
- Festive Fruit Salad with Lemon and Ginger by Love & Lemons
- Pesto Pizza Crosstini by Cookin Canuck
- Chicken Zucchini Poppers by One Lovely Life
- Cheesy CauliBroccoli Breadsticks by Sweet as Honey
When I said I couldn’t wait to try these, I meant it! I’ve already made one batch of the ‘Cheesy Spinach Balls’ and they were so great, that I have all the ingredients to make another one. Not only are these delicious, but all that spinach is rich in iron, vitamin A and vitamin K.
A little tip: pair this recipe with a sauce that contains vitamin C (e.g. a sauce based on tomatoes), as it will help to increase the absorption of iron from the spinach!
I hope you enjoy these recipes! If you have any more to add to the list just pop them down below because I would love to try them.