I introduce to you an Aussie classic, the zucchini slice.
Not only is zucchini slice delicious and easy to make, but it’s such a versatile recipe. It makes a balanced on-the-go breakfast, a perfect lunchbox addition or even a nutritious snack throughout the day. And, of course, it’s a wonderful way to get in more veggies!
Serves: 8 (based on two squares per serve)
6 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup finely chopped spring onion (or leek)
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup plain flour (or gluten-free flour)
3 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated sweet potato
1/2 cup grated potato
Optional – to be placed on top: 8 halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare a baking paper-lined 10” square tin.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients to the mixing bowl, stirring well with a wooden spoon as you go. I recommend leaving the flour to the end and slowly folding it into the mix.
- Optional: Place 16 cherry tomato halves on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let it cool before removing the baking paper and then cut into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you’re on the look out for another easy and nutritious on-the-go breakfast or meal prep option that’s on the sweeter side, then check out my Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding. More recipes coming to the blog shortly so stay tuned 🙂
I always love to see you making these recipes, so be sure to share it to instagram and tag my IG: @chantelouise.dietitian